The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Saturday, January 5, 2013

30 in 30 - Day Four

Pin It
My Favorite Things - 30 Paintings in 30 Days
"My Favorite Flower", Oil, 6" x 6"
Click here for purchase information

You have probably guessed by now that my favorite flower is a tulip. It was actually hard to decide between peony and tulip. But as much as I love peonies I really can't stand their smell so the tulip won fair and square. The tulips were also ver fun to paint with the palette knife as I love the thick edge work on the petals!

So I hope you all are enjoying this as much as I am. I know for a fact that there are a lot of people looking at all of the paintings. Yesterday I had over 4000 hits on my blog post and I kind of doubt that it was just the artists as that would mean we all had to visit my blog nearly 2o times. So I hope the exposure for your art and paintings is going well!

It's been wonderful to see all of the posts on facebook about the challenge. And I really appreciate all of your comments on the blog. If you have any questions please post them on this blog. And please ... I hope all of you will feel free to help answer them! We have had a lot of artists join us late as they just found out about the challenge. That's great so if any of you are new to the Challenge and want to join in then just start posting your daily paintings. 

Oh, and by the way, the weekend is half over so we will be painting on "week-days" soon. We can just pretend we had the weekend off. I highly recommend you consider getting a day or two ahead. It REALLY takes the pressure off. Of course it means you have to paint two or three paintings in one day. But it is so worth it, I promise! Hah!

Leslie

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Check out my upcoming palette knife painting workshops at http://www.saetastudio.com/Leslie_Saeta_fine_Art/Workshops.html.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails